Our Vision, Mission, Priorities & Commitments
Everything we do is to improve the lives of the people and communities we serve and to promote mental health and wellbeing for all.
Seeking excellence in all metal health and wellbeing; prevention, care, recovery, education and research.
Our Quality Priorities are to:
- Reduce violence by 50 per cent over three years with the aim of reducing all types of restrictive practices.
- Ensure that all patients have access to the right care at the right time in the appropriate setting.
- Within three years, to routinely involve service users and carers in service design, improvement, governance and the planning and delivery of their loved one’s care.
- Within three years, to enable staff to experience improved satisfaction and joy at work.
Our Five Commitments
Our staff work in ways that build mutual, respectful relationships with each other, with people when they use our services, and their families, friends and carers, in accordance with our five commitments:
- be caring, kind and polite
- be prompt and value your time
- take time to listen to you
- be honest and direct with you
- do what I say I am going to do